Brother LS2125i Easy-to-Use – 2017 Review
The Brother LS2125i is a portable sewing machine that still has enough power to create high-quality stitches. The combination of lightweight construction and low cost has made it one of the most popular portable model on the market. I’ve summarized the main features of the Brother LS2125i below.
Portable Sewing Machine
The Brother LS2125i is a lightweight machine that’s easy to carry around. The dimensions of the machine are 15”x6.5”, so it fits comfortable on almost any surface. If you’re looking for an everyday model that you can take with you on trips – or just want to be able to sew anywhere in the house – then this model could be the perfect option.
10 Built-in Stitches and Automatic Buttonhole
There are ten built-in stitches included with the Brother LS2125i. These include essential stitches (straight-line and zigzag) and decorative options. While I found a number of options in the same price range with more built-in stitches, these extra stitches are rarely necessary for most projects.
The automatic buttonhole feature of the LS2125i is simple to use. It also allows you to choose the size of the buttonhole, so you can customize it to a specific type of button.
Features and Specifications
- A free-arm function is included. This is perfect for sleeves or the legs of children’s pants.
- The bobbin of the Brother LS2125i is designed to be easy and fast to wind.
- It has a dial to control the thread tension. This is important when working with different fabrics, as it prevents loose or weak stitches.
- Three presser feet are included with the Brother LS2125i – zipper, button and buttonhole. All three are snap-on presser feet, which makes switching more convenient.
- A foot pedal is also included, along with an accessory pouch with extra needles and bobbins.
- It comes with a 25-year limited warranty.
Customer Reviews and Scores
The Brother LS2125i is a budget model.
Overall, it has received excellent comments from buyers. A potential issue is that the plastic bobbins are relatively low-quality – at least according to some reviewers. This can cause occasional problems.
For most reviewers, however, the plastic bobbins don’t seem to be an issue. Many buyers report being impressed with the quality of the stitches. Reviewers also mention that the machine rarely jams. Other positive comments include that it makes sewing “easy” and that the model is the “perfect beginner machine.”
The combination of low-price and high stitch quality means that the Brother LS2125i is one of my top recommendations for a beginner’s machine. It’s also an excellent model for experienced sewers looking for a portable backup.
The Brother LS2125i is a lightweight machine that’s perfect for everyday projects. Even though the machine isn’t built for heavyweight materials, reviewers mention that the motor has a surprising amount of power for a portable model. After looking at comparable products, I can confidently recommend this model to anyone searching for a portable model.