Brother XL2600I Free-Arm – 2017 Review
The Brother XL2600I Sew Advance is a great choice if you need an inexpensive, easy-to-use sewing machine. Don’t let the low price fool you into thinking the XL2600I is just for beginners though – the machine comes with a number of useful features such as a free arm and automatic threader. After researching this and other budget models, I’ve written a summary of my findings below.
Simple Sewing Machine for Everyday Projects
The Brother XL2600I has been designed to be simple to use. As someone who finds it frustrating when sewing machines are more complicated than they need to be, I consider this simplicity to be an advantage rather than a flaw. The lack of an on-board computer also reduces the chances of a fault.
Even though it’s a simple model, it can still handle most projects. It’s great for quilting, clothing, crafting and more.
25 Built-in Stitches
The XL2600I comes with a generous number of built-in stitches considering the low price. Aside from basic stitches, there are a number of decorative, heirloom and quilting options. It can also create buttonholes with a one-step automatic system (buttonhole foot is included).
Features and Specifications
- An easy to wind bobbin. You start by placing the bobbin onto the winder, and then use the bobbin control to automatically wind the thread.
- The bobbin is also designed to be jam resistant. This means you spend less time fixing jams and more time getting on with your projects.
- A free-arm is included, making items such as sleeves much easier.
- A variety of accessories come with the XL2600I. Extra bobbins, needles and a spool pin are included in the box.
- Five presser feet are included with the XL2600I, making it suitable for a variety of projects. These include button fitting, blind stitch and zipper feet.
- The Brother XL2600I comes with a 25-year limited warranty. Brother also offers lifetime phone support.
While there isn’t a stand-out feature of the Brother XL2600I, the machine’s ease of use is its main selling point. You can setup and start winding the machine in less than ten minutes, and have your first completed stitches in less than half an hour. Changing settings such as thread tension and stitch type is also convenient using simple dials and switches.
There are a few minor problems listed by reviewers. The main issue is that the Brother XL2600I can’t sew through heavyweight materials or multiple layers without the motor struggling.
This means the model isn’t suitable for certain projects. For everyday projects, this is an excellent choice. Several reviewers also mention that the stitch quality and strength of the Brother XL2600I was a “pleasant surprise.”
If you’re searching for an inexpensive sewing machine for everyday tasks, I highly recommend the Brother XL2600I. It’s a simple machine that doesn’t overcomplicate the process. It has also received excellent reviews from buyers.
The Brother XL2600I isn’t the most feature-packed sewing machine on the market. Instead, it focuses on providing excellent stitch quality and convenience for a low price. If you need an option for everyday tasks, and don’t need to sew denim or leather, then this model is a great choice.