Brother XR9500PRW Limited Edition – 2017 Review
If you need a sewing machine that’s simple to use yet still has many features, the XR9500PRW appears to be an excellent choice. But does the machine’s performance match up to its impressive technical specifications? And is it suitable for more complex sewing projects? I’ve summarized my research into this model below.
Huge Range of Stitches and Fonts
The XR9500PRW comes with 100 built-in stitches. This is a huge selection for a budget machine, and makes it easy to design beautiful clothing and other projects. This model also has eight one-step automatic buttonholes.
Aside from basic stitches, it includes over 50 alphanumeric stitches. This makes it an excellent choice for simple monogramming tasks. During my research, I couldn’t find many sewing machines that match the stitch versatility of this model for the same price.
The XR9500PRW comes with a wide oversized sewing table. This makes it easy to sew large projects that would be frustrating to attempt on other machines. The inclusion of quilting stitches also makes it an excellent choice for quilting projects.
Features and Specifications
- The Brother XR9500PRW is built with a back-lit computer screen for easy stitch selection.
- A simple threading system is included so you can start sewing as quickly as possible. The bobbin is also designed to be easy to wind.
- It has a needle position setting so you can choose up or down when the machine stops.
- A number of presser feet are included with this model. These include buttonhole, zigzag, button sewing, zipper and monogramming feet.
- It has a bright LED light. This makes it easy to sew in poor lighting without straining your eyes.
- A hard cover is included with it, along with a variety of accessories such as bobbins, a cleaning brush, foot pedal and seam ripper.
- The machine comes with a 25-year limited warranty.
The Brother XR9500PRW has a range of useful features, but is still simple and intuitive to use. The selection of stitches means that it is suitable for almost any project. Features like the easy-to-wind drop-in bobbin and automatic threader also make it a convenient model.
Most reviewers love it, but there are a few small complaints. One reviewer writes that the machine is perfect for beginners but doesn’t have the strength to complete commercial projects. This is to be expected, however, as the XR9500PRW is not designed to sew through multiple layers. Another reviewer writes the machine only has one font size which limits the monogramming potential of the machine.
On the whole, reviewers are very pleased with the performance. Common comments include that it’s durable, quiet, sews quickly and doesn’t skip stitches. Other reviewers say that it’s a “wonderful machine” and that it provides excellent value.
This makes it easy for me to recommend if you’re searching for a versatile model.
In summary, the Brother XR9500PRW is a great choice for home sewing projects. The combination of 100 built-in stitches, oversized table, alphanumeric stitches and convenience features mean I’m not surprised that the it is one of the highest rated sewing machines online.